The Urogynaecology Unit is a tertiary referral centre for women with complex pelvic floor dysfunction including recurrent pelvic organ prolapse, recurrent urinary incontinence, laparoscopic pelvic floor surgery including laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy and sacrohysteropexy.
The Unit at the L&D is a recognised national centre for the management of mesh complications. We see more than 1,000 new patients per year with more than 300 complex surgeries which makes it one of the largest urogynaecology units in the UK specialising in laparoscopic and recurrent prolapse and incontinence.
Mr Fayyad is the clinical lead for the urogynaecology unit.
Referrals can be made via Choose & Book or by letter directly addressed to:
Out Patients Booking Dept Luton & Dunstable University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Lewsey Road, Luton LU4 0DZ
Procedures undertaken in our Unit include the following:
- Outpatient cystoscopy
- Intravesical Botox injections
- Cystoscopic urethral bulking agents
- Laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy
- Laparoscopic sacrohysteropexy
- Insertion of vaginal mesh for recurrent prolapse
- Treatment of mesh complications
- Mid urethral tapes and Colposuspension for stress urinary incontinence
- Treatment of urethral diverticulum
- Removal of tapes both vaginally and laparoscopically and urethrolysis
Clinic Name: Urogynaecology clinic
Clinic Type: Adult
Monday Mornings (clinic commences at 08.30)
Wednesday all day (every 4th Wednesday in month)
Patient Information Leaflets
Clinicians - Consultants/Specialist Nurses
Urogynae (Women's Services)