Bereavement Support Services (GP information)
Bereavement Services provide support for staff, family and friends following a death in Hospital, the Emergency Department or in the community when the body had been brought to the Hospital.
- Supervision and completion of Medical Certificate of Cause of Death
- Supervision and completion of Cremation papers
- Referring appropriate deaths to HM Coroner
- Supporting family/friends with HM Coroners and Registration of a death processes
- Obtaining consent and supporting Staff and Relatives in the Hospital Post Mortem process
- Arranging and meeting with Relatives to issue the MCCD
- Arranging and accompanying relatives to viewings or identifications of the deceased
- Updating IPM, tracking patients notes
- Producing Electronic Discharge Letters to GP’s via ICE
- Register the Death and arranging the Funeral for Patients who die in Hospital with no known next of kin.
Patient Information Leaflets
Clinicians - Consultants/Specialist Nurses
Bereavement Support Services
Monday to Friday