Neurology (GP information)
The Neurology Department at the L&D provides a comprehensive General Neurological Service to the local population and surrounding areas. The Clinical team consists of six part-time consultants who also work at the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, and three Specialist Nurse Practitioners in Multiple Sclerosis.
The Department participates in research projects in Parkinson’s Disease and Multiple Sclerosis. In addition to the General Neurology Clinics we have the following sub-speciality clinics.
Referrals are accepted via E-RS only.
Botulinum Treatment (Consultants; Dr Andrew Gale, Dr Paul Watts; Specialist Nurses; Ruth Shaw,
Rhyan Smith, Lesley Bates)
Multiple Sclerosis, (Dr Gale; Consultant, Mr Huseyin; MS Advanced Nurse Practitioner and MS Specialist Nurse)
Multiple Sclerosis Specialist Nurse clinic (L&D outpatients Monday and Thursdays (Disease Modifying Clinic), at Luton Treatment centre Wednesdays. Domiciliary visits if required) We provide comprehensive care throughout disease trajectory including all NICE approved medications)
Parkinson’s Disease (Prof. Schrag; Consultant)
Pregnancy in Epilepsy (Dr Linda Parsons, Consultant)
Specialist Headache clinic monthly (Dr Anna Cohen)
Patient Information Leaflets
Clinicians - Consultants/Specialist Nurses
- Paediatric General Surgery (GP information)
- Paediatrics (GP information)
- Pharmacy and Medicines Optimisation Service (GP information)
- Phlebotomy and Anticoagulation Services (GP information)
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Musculoskeletal Services (GP information)
- Plastic Surgery (GP information)
- Private Patients - The Cobham Clinic (GP information)
- Pulmonary Services (GP information)