Urology encompasses the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of conditions that affect the urinary tract and associated organs.
Telephone 01234 792196 or 01234 792194
Telephone: 01234 792624
Fax: 01234 795735
Services and Clinics
- Haematuria clinic
- Urodynamic clinic
- Lithotripsy and stone clinic
- Prostate assessment and care clinic
- Stoma, catheter & incontinence care
- TRUS prostate clinics
Luton and Dunstable University Hospital
The L&D’s Urology department is a multi-disciplinary department led by six consultants.
Our consultants are supported by a team of middle grade and junior doctors, clinical nurse specialists, urological cancer nurse specialists and secretarial staff.
The Urology One Stop Clinic opened its doors in 2015. This innovative clinic provides outpatient appointment and many diagnostic tests in a single visit, thereby reducing the number of visits needed to the hospital. This clinic is located in Zone U.
Specialist services include:
- General Urology Clinics
- Specialist Urology Cancer Clinics
- Haematuria (blood in urine) services
- Laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery for kidney cancers
- Urinary incontinence
- Erectile dysfunction
- Urodynamics and video-urodynamics
- Largest UK Centre for 50W Holmium Laser Enucleation of Prostate (HoLEP)
- Trans-Rectal and Trans-Perineal Prostate Biopsy Services and Prostate MRI scans
- ESWL, Laser and keyhole surgery (PCNL) for urinary stones
Mr Asher Alam Urologist
Mr Barnaby Barrass Urologist
Mr Farooq Khan Urologist
Mr Aza Mohammed Urologist
Mr Asad Saleemi Urologist
Mr Sanjeev Taneja Urologist