Early Pregnancy (GP information)
Our Early Pregnancy Clinic (EPC) provides a streamlined nurse led service always supported by junior doctors and Consultants as and when necessary for pregnant women with pain and bleeding in early pregnancy.
Who do we see?
- Pregnant women with pain or/and bleeding in early pregnancy up to 20 weeks
- Pregnant women with high risk of an ectopic pregnancy
What should you expect at your visit?
You will see a Nurse Specialist who will ask you for details of your symptoms and arrange for a scan where appropriate. You will be asked to provide a urine sample and you may be required to have some blood tests. The nurse will see you again after your scan and plan a treatment for you. You may have to return for blood tests or scans and will be advised. We endeavour to give you appointments that suit you but this may not always be possible.
You will be required to have an appointment to attend the clinic – 01582 718179.
- Via GP
- Via A&E
- By calling the clinic
Miscarriage: Conservative, Medical and Surgical.
You will be offered treatment options along with leaflets. The nurse will explain the benefits and risks of the procedures. We also offer evacuation of retained products of conception with or without local anaesthetic for selected group of women only.
Monday to Friday 08.00 – 12.30 (Last scan appointment at 11.30)
Clinic re starts every weekday afternoon at 14.00 for both early pregnancy patients and gynaecological patients. (Last scan at 16.00)
Weekends and Bank Holiday Emergency Services
Early pregnancy clinic.
We are open every Saturday morning and every bank holiday (except Christmas Day) – the clinic runs from 08.30 – 12.30 with (last scan 11.30) by appointment only, no walk-ins.
Patient Information Leaflets
Clinicians - Consultants/Specialist Nurses
Early Pregnancy (Maternity Services)
- Paediatric General Surgery (GP information)
- Paediatrics (GP information)
- Pharmacy and Medicines Optimisation Service (GP information)
- Phlebotomy and Anticoagulation Services (GP information)
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Musculoskeletal Services (GP information)
- Plastic Surgery (GP information)
- Private Patients - The Cobham Clinic (GP information)
- Pulmonary Services (GP information)