Annual Members Meeting 8 September 2021
Date: Wednesday 8 September, 5pm for 5.30pm start, 7pm finish
Venue: Virtually, on Microsoft Teams
Due to COVID-19, this was held virtually with over 100 attendees present.
As we continue to navigate through an extremely busy and challenging time, David Carter, Chief Executive, spoke about some of the many highlights the Trust has achieved over the past year including:
- Completed our first year as Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and seen many benefits this has provided
- Operated, and continue to operate, under COVID-19 pressures
- Continued with integration plans following the merger
- Achieved a financial surplus
- Completed significant redevelopment projects on both sites, with many more underway
- Made positive progress following a challenging CQC Maternity report for the Bedford site
- Continued to play a leading role in the Integrated Care System (ICS)
Our Chair, Simon Linnett, welcomed our newly appointed Governors and said farewell to some of the long standing ones who have now finished their terms.
There was an engaging Question and Answers session, with detailed responses from the Executive team.
The meeting concluded with Simon paying tribute to our incredible staff, and the way they’ve shown strength and resilience throughout. Everyone in attendance was in awe of their commitment and incredible efforts to care for our local community during the greatest health emergency in NHS history.
A recording of the Annual Members’ Meeting can be viewed and presentation slides are accessible .
The documents for the AMM are:
If you are not a member, but wish to become one, please complete the online form.