Outpatient Physiotherapy: Self Help Hub: Information, Videos & Podcasts
Making a difference through talking therapies for mental health and wellbeing. Self-referral available!
Podcasts with GP Dr Chatterjee on lots of topics to better your own health including sleep, diet, exercise, mental health and more.
Tips on creating a balanced diet.
An educational video. By Dr Mike Evans
Details of apps and resources to help your wellbeing. (Pdf attached to email)
Self-help leaflets on various topic including alcohol, abuse, anxiety, depression, sleep and more.
Exploring 5 things to focus on to improve your mental wellbeing and resilience.
Mind BLMK’s Mind Matters weekly groups and remote virtual support offering a safe, non-judgmental space to discuss and explore issues around wellbeing and mental health.
Instructor led exercise videos ranging from 10-45 minutes. Choose from aerobic exercise, strength and resistance and pilates and yoga categories
A one stop service which provides drug and alcohol advice, treatment and support. Self-referral available!
Helpful information and videos for people to learn tips to manage their pain conditions with the option of an online pain self-management course.
Personal plans to help you to quit smoking
Get help and support from specialist advisors.
By Dr Mike Evans
An educational video. By Dr Annina Schmid
By Dr Mike Evans
The importance of exercise. By Dr Mike Evans
ESCAPE-pain – for hip and knee osteoarthritis
If you have been referred to the ESCAPE-pain programme for your hip or knee osteoarthritis here are some resources to help compliment your attendance on the course.
- The following video can provide some great tips to help you manage your hip or knee osteoarthritis, such as how to get started exercising and how to manage flare ups.
- Exercise is an important part of managing your hip or knee osteoarthritis and the following page contains some exercise videos which are designed to be done at home.
- ESCAPE-pain Online is a way for people to access the programme virtually, especially if you can’t access a face to face programme near you. You can sign up to the app through this link giving you access to exercise and self-help videos and online support. This is a structured 6 week programme you attend virtually.
National Ankylosing Spondylitis Society
The UK’s registered charity for patients with ankylosing spondylitis or axial spondyloarthritis.
- Exercise & Stretching
Daily stretches and exercise to help manage your condition
- Managing my Condition
Support and information on living with AS or Axial SpA
- Back to Action exercise programme and videos.
This programme includes flexibility and strength work and can be downloaded as an app, booklet or watched on the YouTube channel.
The registered charity for people with osteoporosis
- Looking after your bones
Self-help information for patients with osteoporosis
- Exercise Videos
Exercise videos for flexibility, strength and steadiness.
- Exercise booklets from ROS
Downloadable booklets with exercises for strength, posture, flexibility and steadiness.
- ROS exercises to help with posture fact sheet
- ROS exercises to improve balance and muscle strength fact sheet
- ROS exercises to promote bone and muscle strength fact sheet
- royal osteoporosis society strong steady straight quick guide