Blood tests at the L&D
The Outpatients blood test service is located on the 1st Floor of the hospital’s Outpatients Department, in zones B and C.
This service is for patients who are given a blood form from a hospital doctor or nurse only.
The following patients will also be able to use the outpatient service at the hospital:
- Zone C – Patients who require non-emergency patient transport or patients who have reduced mobility issues.
- Zone C – Patients requiring special blood tests i.e. booked GTT, T spots or blood tests for the Kennedy Galton Centre.
- Zone B – Anticoagulation patients who are booked to see the specialist nurses in the anticoagulation clinics.
Phlebotomy outpatient is a walk-in service and you will need to take a ticket in the waiting areas in outpatients Zone B and C and wait for your number to be called. This service operates Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm. Please note, the last ticket for a blood test is at 4.15pm
Blood forms which has been given by a GP surgery will not be taken at Luton and Dunstable University Hospital.
All patients over 13 years old will need to attend the phlebotomy service at Arndale House in Luton shopping mall.
How to book an appointment for children ages 12 and under, and those under the age of 18 with special education needs and disabilities
1. Using the online booking service (available 24/7). Patients will need to register online.
2. The automated telephone booking service (available 24/7). The telephone number is: 01582 320201
3. The 01582 497224 number is now only answered for blood tests between 8-9 and 4-5.30
When booking the appointment, please register with your child’s details.