- Better theatre and imaging facilities will improve the quality of treatments and have shorter operative times, which in turn will improve patient outcomes
- Modern machines have inbuilt radiation reduction protocols which provides further protection to patient and staff from harmful radiation
- Enhanced access to high-quality care by a small volume of specialist staff
- Improved patient outcomes, increased patient satisfaction, shorter length of stay and reduction in readmission rate
- High level of integration with co-located interdependent services such as the HASU
- Over 50% of the current vascular surgery cases at Bedford Hospital are currently non Bedford residents. By relocating the hub to the L&D will increase surgery capacity at Bedford and assist with reducing the waiting time and access for local residents for other surgical specialties.