The Bedfordshire Integrated Community Diabetes Service (ICDS) offers the following services for patients who have diabetes and want to improve their glucose control:
- Opportunity for joint diabetes specialist nurse and dietitian appointments
- Telephone, email and face-to-face follow-up appointments
- Group education at the time of diagnosis
- Group education for people with established diabetes
- Group or individual education for those who need to start or improve their ability to self-manage insulin or other injectable therapy
- Group or individual education for those who need to learn to monitor their blood glucose
All referrals are seen and triaged by our consultant who leads the service.