Frailty ‘silver’ phone
The frailty ‘silver’ phone is available Monday to Sunday, 8am to 8pm on 07971 037 491.
We are here to support with:
- People with complex co-morbidities
- Frequent users of GP or acute services
- Complex medical/social problems including cognitive impairment and capacity issues
- Frail; unwell older people with unexplained illnesses or decline in function who you feel might need admission if not assessed quickly, including fallers
- Anything else the GP requires support with.
We can provide:
- Advice and guidance where this would avoid unnecessary hospital admission
- Support in decision making
- Signposting to alternatives to admission
Patients with ? stroke or ? fractured hip
- Parkinson’s and Movement Disorder
- Syncope and Transient Loss Of Consciousness
- Falls and Bone Health
- via email at email@example.com
Same day emergency care
- Urgent review by MDT
- Rapid access to diagnostic and investigations
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment
Person must be able to tolerate sitting for at least 4 hours. Person must be able to transfer either independently or need +1 support.
- Available 1-2pm Monday to Friday via Microsoft Teams
- Available for any patient requiring multi-professional discussion for complex care
- Support with complex case management.
Virtual follow up
- With community support and a dedicated Geriatrician to review all investigations and test, then a follow up by Frailty Nurses.
ED Frailty Pathway
- 90 year old
- 75 year old with 2 Frailty Syndrome
- 65 year old from care home or nursing home.
BGS: Fit for Frailty
Consider referral to geriatrician when:
- Significant complexity
- Diagnostic uncertainty
- Challenging symptom control.