Shared Health and Care Record
A new Shared Health and Care Record is being rolled out across Bedfordshire, which brings together all your separate records from the different organisations involved in your health and care.
Completely confidential and secure, it’s designed to help doctors, nurses and other registered health and social care professionals directly involved in your care to make better, safer decisions.
The information that they will be able to see includes:
- Your name, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number, NHS number
- The name of your GP Practice and GP
- Medications, allergies, ongoing and historic conditions, immunisations and diagnoses
- Test results, hospital referrals, admissions, discharges and clinics attended
- Social and mental health information and care plans
Special categories of personal data such as attendance at sexual health clinics, fertility treatment records, and records relating to gender reassignment will not be included.
All GP practices and local hospitals within Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes will have access to Shared Health and Care Records first and other organisations involved in your direct health and care will also get access over the next few months.
If you’re happy for health and care professionals involved in your direct health and care to be able to access your Shared Health and Care Record, then you don’t need to do anything. If you wish to object, please contact XXX and they will be able to help.