Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust recognises, and values, the contribution that visiting provides to patient wellbeing and recovery, as well as the reassurance it offers to loved ones.
The Trust will be making temporary changes to the standard visiting arrangements for all adult inpatients on Saturday 25 December (Christmas Day) and Sunday 26 December (Boxing Day).
What are the changes?
- Appointment times for visiting will be extended and will be between 11am and 8pm.
- Visitors can visit patients on both days
What’s the same?
- The person attending should continue to be the one designated visitor. Different visitors for the same patient will not be permitted.
- All appointments for visiting must be booked in advance and will be for one hour only.
- All visitors must produce a negative lateral flow result, via the NHS App*.
- Visitors will be required to wear the appropriate PPE. This includes a surgical mask and not a face covering.
- If the visitor has tested positive, or comes into close contact with someone who has (including a household contact), unfortunately they will not be able to visit, unless it is exceptional circumstances.
- Children will not be able to accompany a visitor on adult wards.
The guidance for exceptional visiting remains unchanged, including for the following:
- If the patient is receiving end of life care.
- If the patient has dementia, learning disabilities or a mental health illness and need a carer/support present
From Monday 27 December, visiting will revert back to the current arrangements which can be found here.
*If you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 90 days, you will not be required to present this, but will need proof of a previous positive test on the NHS App and must be asymptomatic at the time of visiting.