Green Spaces in a health setting have tremendous health and wellbeing benefits. The scientific, peer-reviewed journal Healthcare published an article highlighting a broad range of physical and psychological benefits:
- Reducing physical and mental ill-health.
- Reducing stress as well as improving wellbeing and cognition.
- Improving psychological function.
- Lowering diastolic blood pressure, heart rate and salivary cortisol.
For patients in the midst of a momentous life event or facing emotional difficulties an outside space will prove imperative in supporting emotional needs.
A quiet contemplative space, the garden will offer an oasis of tranquillity and quiet reflection for families of lost loved ones to go to.
The serene lighting and sensitive planting will support in the healing process of losing someone special.
To support this appeal you can:
- Fundraise for us. Please contact email@example.com for a fundraising pack
- Make a donation via our JustGiving page
- Send a cheque made payable to Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Charity to Charity Team, L&D Hospital, Lewsey Road, Luton, LU4 0DZ. Please place Robot Appeal on the back of the cheque
- Make a payment over the phone. Call 01582 718 289 and speak to a member of the team
- Make a BACS payment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for bank details.