Little Feet Appeal
Support us to give birth to new beginnings at the L&D
The vision for the new Maternity Services is to create warm, inviting spaces so that patients and their families feel safe and comfortable throughout their maternity journey.
The Maternity Team at Luton & Dunstable University Hospital (L&D) support more than 5,000 mothers and babies each year. They offer care in aspects of obstetrics and midwifery care, from before birth (antenatal), during birth and after delivery (postnatal).
The journey you take with Maternity Services can be one of the most important hospital experiences. Pregnancy is not just exciting, but can also be very scary and unknown. We feel the surroundings are an important part of this journey and can make a huge difference alongside the care you receive.
Where your support goes
We will be supporting in enhancing the visual identity and furnishings to these areas:
- Antenatal Ward
- Antenatal Services
- Delivery Suite
- Post Natal Ward
- Bereavement Suites
- Counselling Room
- Courtyard Garden
We will be fundraising in total £166,100 for this appeal.
So far we have raised £71,487 towards this appeal. Last year’s Charity Lunch raised a whopping £21,000 towards the appeal, Harpenden Round Table raised funds on their Santa Float and raised a fantastic £3,566 towards the appeal, Pauline, a member of the team, raised £1,222 with her cake sale and raffle. Schools collectively have raised £12,689 for this appeal.
To support this appeal, you can:
- Fundraise for us. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a fundraising pack
- Make a donation via our JustGiving page
- Send a cheque made payable to Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Charity to the Charity Team, L&D Hospital, Lewsey Road, Luton, LU4 0DZ. Please place Little Feet Appeal on the back of the cheque
- Make a payment over the phone. Call 01582 718 289 and speak to a member of the team
- Make a BACS payment. Please email email@example.com for bank details.