You’re pregnant – Welcome to Bedford Hospital Maternity Services
Your pregnancy journey is an important and exciting experience and we would like to ensure that your maternity care and support is right for you.
The maternity services at Bedford Hospital are located in Cygnet Wing, our dedicated Women and Children’s unit. Our friendly midwifery and obstetric team are always on hand to ensure our patients always have the best possible experience before, during and after pregnancy.
We take great pride in supporting individual choice and providing the highest standard of care for women and their families.
Making an appointment
Congratulations on finding out that you are pregnant, now you will need to contact our Community Midwifery Team to make an appointment. You can reach the team by:
- Forwarding you details to the following email address [email protected]
- Please leave the following details:- name, date of birth, address, telephone number, the name of your GP, first day of last period, and any medical conditions
We will contact you as soon as possible to make an initial appointment with your midwife. Where possible these appointments will be before 10 weeks of pregnancy. During COVID there may be some changes to the face to face contacts you will receive in pregnancy and after the birth of your baby but your midwife will advise you.
If you need to get in touch please call 07788415854 or 07788415849 (Monday-Friday 9-5pm) for none urgent queries
If you require translation services please inform your community midwife as these can be available at each appointment.
- birth at home (a home birth)
- birth in the Acorn Suite, our midwifery led unit
- birth in the Delivery Suite, our labour ward, which is staffed by obstetricians, midwives and specialists including anaesthetists.
Tours of our facilities are run on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, women and their partners (we request only one other to come in with them and no children). You will be taken round by one of our maternity support workers who is available to answer any questions you may have.
To book a tour of our facilities call 01234 795747 and you will be booked on the next available weekend tour.