Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is recognising the difference volunteers make and thanking them for all their time and dedication during this year’s Volunteers’ Week, which runs from 1-7 June.
Despite COVID-19, it’s important to appreciate the contribution volunteers continuously give throughout the year.
There are 201 registered volunteers at Bedford Hospital, and 362 at Luton and Dunstable University Hospital, all providing a vitally important role alongside staff.
Volunteers support both hospitals in roles including:
- Assisting at mealtimes
- Helping on the Wards and in A&E
- Meeting and greeting visitors on Main Reception and in the Cancer Units
- Helping make teas and coffees for patients waiting for theatre appointments
- Helping admin staff with those time consuming little jobs
- Visiting patients as a Chaplaincy Volunteer
- Assisting in Pharmacy
More information on volunteering can be found here.
The selection below showcases some of the incredible volunteers and the outstanding support they provide (click the images to expand).